Thursday, January 22, 2015

January - Lack of Traction

It's the weather...
Fall was early and cold with considerable below freezing in NOV.  December brought snow which melted in late DEC and now JAN is balmy.  For the past week I've rarely worn a hat or gloves while out and about.  Apparently 2014 was the warmest year on record and the last fifteen have included the warmest fourteen.

I grew up in MN. It was harsh.  Until the 1980s we had to dress warm.  Sorrel boots were the norm.  My kids, born in the 1980s were both given warm winter boots.  They commented recently that it's been a long time since they wore boots.

Small Business Distraction...
In the interest of saving some money I've been working hours at the small business which takes time from things like working on this blog and monetization projects and looking for a real job.  

Here is the progress on the break-in repair which I chose to do myself.


 October 2014.

January 2015.








That looks pretty good.  I'll be particularly angry if burglars come again.  There was consideration of a variety of approaches to making the wall none-breakable but there are windows everywhere.  If you are one of the burglars simply come through an adjoining window next time.

The neighborhood has been hit quite heavily by both business and residential break-ins.  Descriptions of the suspected couple are similar.  It seems like they've worked out a nice partnership.  The six foot guy does the heavy work of gaining entry.  The smaller women jumps in and does the loot collection.

We live if a 'bedroom neighborhood' where many homes are empty during the day.  We can only hope that they become more brazen and make a mistake.  Here in the burbs everyone is naive.  Our customers routinely ask if the perps have been caught.  I don't thing they realize what police and sheriff departments actually do with their time.  The Twin Cities remains relatively safe and you can actually leave your home.  No one has to draw straws to see who stays home with a loaded AK-47 as they do in many parts of the world.

Future as a Ceramic Tile Guy...
That's not going to happen. 

Future as a Burglar...
That's not going to happen.  I cannot fit between the 16" on center 2x4s.

Future as a Blogger...
I'm going to blog for the foreseeable future.  So far I've made $22.06 on Adsense. 

1 comment:

  1. We have a dog. While the dog is large and friendly during the day, he gets quite nervous at night and barks loudly. It he gets scared he goes next door and gets his friend Sam to help out. It creates a lot of noise.
    Blogging for $20 a month is fine but what happens when our readers get tired of clicking on our ads. You know they are just doing it for entertainment. I think that it is going to be a challenge to make the jump to the big bucks like your friends have done.
    Have you ever looked at the network of conservative bloggers, The Real McCain and Eye of Polymorphous were two blogs I followed. They featured half nekked celebrities weekly and seemed to be popular blogs. I wish I would have asked them about money making before I lost touch.

    ReplyDelete