Thursday, October 9, 2014

Energy

My former staff is slowly departing my 27-year gig company.  My focus looking forward continues to clarify as the past becomes more distant.  I'm pleased with that.  My LHH guy, who I still need to visit again, talks about just focusing and doing what you need to do.  Of course I like to turn that on him and ask when the book will be done.  Apparently he added a chapter from my suggestion(s).    If he can't get it done soon I may have a second chapter for him.

A couple of years ago as energy drinks hit the market I found my energy waning with the some of the organizational stuff.  Clearly Red Bull is a devious drink so I started trying the energy drinks, one-by-one
starting with Monster and Rock Star, working my way through all the permutations.  After about two weeks my staff asked me to stop.  Perhaps that was their concern for my health...or as I suspect it was concern for their own health.  Today I found a Monster Loca Moca and consumed it, too fast.   Over the course of the last hour and a half I've accomplished quite a bit but I need to take a break and get something to eat.  A glass of wine might help.

While departing that gig the reality of age sort of kicked in.  I had just hired a guy older than me but I also realized that breaking that 60+ glass wall for myself would take some effort.  I know that I'm now focused on my own creative work but have shown the discipline (w/o Monster) to apply that creativity to other people's work.  The age issue struck me as I ponder the recent article by that Emanuel character that wants to die at 75 and as I read articles that seem to like to mention the age of someone whenever they are over 60 and actually do something.  My plan is to die at the keyboard with whatever creative tools I can still grasp in whatever appendage I have available.  Amidexterity is advantageous.  I'm certain what I do today comes with age and that the quality and value is improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment