Saturday, September 26, 2015

Dead in the water...

Tree Spud
We plant far more trees than we cut.  The downside to planting is that some of the trees die despite all ceremonial requests for rain and convoluted attempts to haul and distribute water.  Planting is accomplished with a single tool, a spud.  Each spring, by the end of our planting week, I hate this device.  Other tools that I use  in the woods have been marked with bright orange paint to provide simpler 'lost and found' repetitions.

It was my intent to to provide a photo of my personal tree spud but it's black (re-read the first paragraph) and it's lost in the garage which is full of every long-handled tool one might need in rural life.  Actually I started writing this post a couple of weeks ago when I had a notion of looking for work; somehow that (in my head) was worked into a tree spud, but I've forgotten.

My time is spent keeping up on technology trends for the corporate world.  I still have notions of returning to that grind at a point in time when I'm a bit more refreshed.  The second third of my time is spent actually using technology which involves multiple devices (PCs) and printing devices for the small business.  We go through a lot of specialty labels, toner and ink.  I'll put in a plug for two suppliers for which there is no kickback.  Labels most often come from www.labelsonline.com and toner/ink from www.inkjetsupestore.com.  One remodeling project for 2015 is done and two remain.  What I really like to do is cut down trees and since I'm pitching vendors I'll include www.stihlusa.com and www.baileysonline.com.  This 'online' stuff caused me to do a quick search to see if 'www.getajobonline.com' was registered and as expected it is.  I could check to see if the 'blogger' name 'getajobonline.com' is register or if the Twitter name 'getajobonline.com' is registered but two sentences later it just does not seem that that good a name.  Isn't 'online' implicit with the internet age.  I should look up 'getajobonyourmobiledevice.com' or 'getajob.mobi' or ...

The references provided earlier were for toner/ink and saw chains, which each in their own category have a zillion variants and nothing 'close' will work.  Work is a balance of concepts/innovations and details and it's tightrope (or slack line) between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment