Tuesday, December 8, 2015

9:35 PM countdown...

This blog is about re-working my work life, building new opportunities, innovating...being creative, all with the cloud of not having a job.  It's easy to use a dark cloud metaphor or impenetrable fog.  The goal, which I need to remind myself of regularly is that it's a clearing of the sky.  Turn off the wipers and the fog lamps.

At 9:35 PM my challenge doing my best work between 10 and 11 PM was in front of me.  That's been stated numerous times.  In the twenty-five minutes up until 10 PM I used the following distractions:
  • lit a candle to either add chemical smell to the air or remove it
  • Did online deposits of two checks I'd harassed two people to send on time...I sat on them for a week
  • Thought about doing another drawing in Inkscape a nice public domain vector graphics program
  • Struggled doing the same drawing with MSWord and their convoluted drawing tools
  • Thought about but forgot to charge my phone
  • Considered doing the free MSWindows 10 upgrade on this PC.  Checked for adequate disk space and processor speed.
  • Pondered why I've spent a total of ten minutes on another PC that I did upgrade to MSWindows 10.
  • Lamented the 2016 end of my favored Chromebook OS and move to 'Droid by Google
  • Pondered the novel I'm going to start reading after finishing this


This has been a creative failure but better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment