Monday, May 16, 2016

Smoothwall Bob and the Loss of Digits

Dolgo Crab


Minnesota has had a strange spring.  A week ago Sunday we set a heat record of 92 degrees which beat the previous record set in 1930 something.  Following that, last Friday it snowed a bit.  With two nights of frosts our fruit shrubs and apple trees may have taken a hit.  Recently this Dolgo Crab has come into it's own in production.  We'll see how the global warming spring works out.





Dewalt mitre saw fingers casement molding
 Over a few years we used Smoothwall Bob for some minor remodeling.  At the beginning he was missing parts of a couple of fingers.  Each time he worked for us he was missing more parts (none on our jobs).  Then he died young.

Each and every time I use a miter saw I think of Smoothwall Bob, and check the location of my hands and fingers twice.  Five years working around large power shears and punch presses may have been a good warmup.  I'm not missing anything and I'm still alive.







Art is where you find it, Art.  Remodeling has it's moments.  With work and time we can have impact.






TurboTax  Windows 7 Java Scripting


For three of the past five years I've had issues with Java and scripting on this PC. A upgrade not during tax prep time is in order.  In the past I had people that did that sort of thing.  Now, I am them.




iPhone 5 SIM card error
My iPhone 5 has been giving recurring "No SIM Card" errors. A Google search suggested many corrective options. The first logical one was to remove the SIM card, look at it for a moment and re-install. That was interesting but did not solve the problem. The next suggestion was to put the phone in airplane mode for a few seconds. Wishing to be authentic but lacking an airplane I went outside, removed my belt and shoes, put everything in my pockets in a plastic tray, set off no alarms, jumped in the F-150, visualized the flight attendant's directions for using oxygen, followed his/her instructions and fastened my seat belt snugly. Fortunate to have an empty seat next to me I relaxed, turned my phone to 'airplane mode' for a few moments, imagined that the flight had been aborted and stepped out of the truck. The phone works. Often we're limited by logic when our imagination should prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment