Monday, September 30, 2013

Day Zero


Today's wake up was at Upper Pine Lake.  As noted, fall is upon us.  Following an early morning commute back to the Twin Cities I had a few conversations and meetings with a couple of my staff.  We discussed the AZ telecommunications update and thought about followup strategies.  That was pleasant; the kind of strategy that kept me engaged for a long, long time.  This was a day of 'lasts,' including my last commute downtown, turning in my parking card after about 20 years in the same ramp, switching my cell phone to a personal Visa, etc.  WED I'm having lunch with the Chairman of the Board (former CFO) and the CEO.  I suspect that it will be a pretty shallow 'thank you' lunch but I'll take the high road.  My goal in all of this was to depart as gracefully and professionally as possible, setting an example for others.  I think I've done that.  It's been a long few months but this did allow closure to occur.  It could have been an open wound.

No comments:

Post a Comment