Saturday, February 22, 2014

Day #142 2/22/14 That went fast

Extended Excuse
After about three weeks of a head cold, sinus issue, coughing, drugs, fever, fatigue, etc., I believe that I am almost recovered.  The three week illness is my excuse for missing about twenty-five daily posts.  As a former executive it's well within my abilities to let a three week excuse cover twenty-five days.

Midwest Weather
Earlier this week I spent two days removing roof snow and ice and blowing snow.  Upon completion we received another 12" of precipitation, first as rain, then freezing rain, followed by wet snow, dry snow and three days of winds.  Areas south of here had seven-foot drifts.  Our 'up north' place had comparable weather and I'm headed out SUN or MON to do battle with that mess.

Job Pursuit
The large commercial construction gig is a moot point.  They're looking outside the industry for their new IT person.  There is another consolidated firm that is implementing an Oracle ERP solution and I have good connections there so will pursuit a contract option.

Networking
There were several conversations about a collaborative online forum for construction industry IT executives but this fell apart during my three-week absence.  This week I'll reconvene that group.

No comments:

Post a Comment