Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day #145 2/25/14

A New Approach...
"Send me your acct #. I am a Nigerian Prince forced out by rebel forces. I have $20,000,000 American dollars in my pants and will send it to you. Please save me and my family. We like America, especially the NFL. "

I've asked a few bloggers about the success of monetizing their blogs.  The best advice came from The Lazy Farmer who indicated that no one reads his blog and he probably messed up the monetization.  He's pretty insightful with a welder and a 3 lb hammer.  Often we need to determine how to use the tools with which we have skill to solve our problems.  As a recently unemployed C-level executive I have few skills other than talking, doing strategic planning and "making tough decisions."  Thinking differently I realize that I have a lot of tools and ideas, all of which I could apply to blog monetization:
  • A microphone.  I could speak extemporaneously for a long, long time.
  • A few markers or cans of spray paint and a blank wall (or Visio 2010) so I could put a process map together.
  • One of my many chainsaws (or an excuse to buy another).
  • Inkscape.
  • Humor.  Preferably with some really pruney (sp? prunnie? pruny?) people.
  • Just making stuff up.  My father's father had a great sense of dry humor and I think he just made up stories that he enjoyed.  I like that.  
"Send me your Blogger user name and password.  I am a Nigerian Prince forced out by rebel forces.  I used to have $20,000,000 in my pants which I accumulated while helping monetize blogs.  If I monetize a few more, my family and I, who live in a shipping container, will pay off the Somali pirates and move to America where we can the life of great Americans like the Democrats, Republicans and the NFL."

Practical Issues...
2/24/14  More snow removal.  Fortunately my neighbor had the 7' drifts.  I topped out at 4'.  The newer snowblower is making some weird noise.  I'll thaw it out and see if that solves the noise issues.  Once again the -5F reminded me of my decision to purchase the blower w/o heated handles.

2/23/14  Digging out of a 27-year backlog of paperwork.  Found two un-cashed checks, one from 2008 and one from 2007.  The companies were pleasant about re-issuing them. Getting ready for taxes.

Watched the "Bachelor" with my wife.  I need to have a South American accent.  My wife asked me when I was going to be on the bachelor.  My response was that I lacked a South American accent and that I'd be better on  a TV show where I either 1) killed bad people or 2) drove people crazy.  It was unnerving that she agreed with that assessment.

Networking...
Dialogues scheduled for this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment