Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Four Friends Catch Up - Work Status

This afternoon I had a brief meeting with three of my friends from high school and college.  As one of them said, nothing changes.  All different in goals, family, background and style we've moved through five decades, six in some cases of friendship.  We've all remained more or less healthy, more or less productive and glad to see each other.

One of us lives in California, and a life long entrepreneur, now has a growing business in the commercial LED world.  Another, like me finds himself unemployed following a data breach at a large national retailer (his departure was unrelated to the data breach).  The third, a practicing physician is still practicing.  I've not seen the first for ten or more years, the physician for a few and the other within the last few months.  I value their friendship.  We really don't need to say much when we get together.  Each of us has lost one or both of our parents, our children are successful or not and our health problems are nominal but certainly to become large within the next decade or so.

Previously committed I had to leave after an hour of small talk, no hugs and greeting and departing handshakes.  We probably should have hugged.  There were no 'selfies' captured.

We've all been successful in the paths we've taken.  Clearly we're all still looking for the next fork (in the proverbial road). The entrepreneur with whom I'd not spoken for a long time, without prompting, mentioned how much he enjoyed my Facebook 'quips.'  I responded that I used the Facebook space to test topics to write about.  If I offend someone it probably warrants a longer treatise. My IA friend from another circle of friends says the same.  If enough people tell you something, you should listen and execute.


No comments:

Post a Comment