Tuesday, December 17, 2013

#77 12/17/13 TUE ...lost & found & checking your javelin...

Lost...
From 9:00 AM on I really have no idea what happened to today.  There was a 1.5 hour conversation with a former room mate, an avocado BLT, a middle eastern buffet, a large can of Monster and no other apparent productive output but I was busy all day and started the day with a bang (might have been the Monster) with the intent of treating this non-working day as a working day.  This lends itself to the question of whether I did anything other than eat and consume caffeine and talk at my 27-year job.

Found...
The first Flip video camera that I purchased was wonderful.  I've lost that one.  When Cisco purchased Flip I purchased one of their HD cameras which was not quite as simple as the first.  It's not clear when I purchased this second one.  My weekend vehicle is a 2004 Ford F-150 which is used for all sorts of 'up north' projects and is in my mind a moving tool box and in my wife's mind a grungy truck full of stains with no where to sit.  It would seem that a six passenger extended cab pickup should have room for two people.  Today I found the second Flip camera in the truck where it seems to have been lost for more than three years.  According to Google, Cisco purchased that company in 2009 so it's been floating around in America's favorite pickup for four years.

I've plugged it into the USB but it will not take a charge.  Who knows what great video is now lost.  The original Flip was simpler and used AA batteries.  That was a good idea.  Cisco paid $590M for Flip and then dumped it a year later.  That's about the time I sold my Cisco stock.

Holiday Travel...
My son and daughter-in-law will be returning from Aarhus, Denmark for a few days.  I wanted to go greet them upon arrival and reviewed their tickets and was struck with the following detail:

1ST CHECKED BAG:  FREE OF CHARGE  UPTO50LB 23KG AND62LI 158LCM
                                   OR HOCKEY EQUIPMENT
                                   OR JAVELIN
                                   OR MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS


That's pretty interesting that you can bring your javelin free of charge.  If you cannot bring a nail clipper on the plane I guess it makes sense that it's also preferable to the airlines that you not bring your javelin on the plane whether it be for recreationally passing the time or, I don't know, poking holes in the side of the plane.  It seemed worth a question and I asked my son if traveling with a javelin was pretty standard in Europe (I am not a big traveler).  "It's good to be prepared" was the response.  I have a baseball bat on the floor of the F-150 but perhaps I should put a javelin in the gun rack.

Work...
My call today to my boss of the first 25 of my 27 years felt good and suggesting lunch seemed timely and appropriate.  He'll pay, of course, and that's good because I don't even have a dumb job.

January is around the corner and I've reached out to my LHH guy and will schedule a time to meet early in the month.  It's time and I believe I can now put some better parameters around my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment