Saturday, December 14, 2013

"I Don't Want To Be A Pinhead No More" SAT 12/14/13

div style="padding: 3px; width: 400px; text-align: center;"> LyricsRamones lyrics - Pinhead lyrics

Radio Rut (Now that would be a good song name)...
Since March of 2012 or slightly before I've had my car radio set to the Pearl Jam station on Sirius satellite radio.  During that time about 40,000 miles have been traveled so even at an average speed of 30 MPH that's somewhere around 1300 hours of Eddie Vedder, or at 60 MPH about 650 hours.  I still don't know hardly any of the lyrics but I've enjoyed the live concerts, especially in South America and I know some melodies.  A couple of days ago someone at a concert was recognized and dragged on stage because they had attended 100 concerts.  Assuming a standard three-hour concert this guy is at about three hundred hours; a mere quarter of my time.

In a moment of weakness I switched to the classic vinyl channel and hear the Ramones with "I don't want to be a pinhead."  Well, I'm not sure what a pinhead actually is but I'm assuming it's something sort of nerdy and I certainly wish to bring the nerd component of my life to one of less prominence.

Wrapping The Past and Unwrapping The Future...
I'm now referring to my 27-year gig simply as "the place I used to work" and it's occupying much less of my thought.  Another significant insight was alluded to yesterday.  The future (for me) does not reside behind a flat glass panel.  It resides in my hands and it's awkward for me to say, but it resides in my heart.  This is good.

January 15th or so...
Mid-January is my revised day to a new job/consulting/business schedule.  You can only do what you can do and I have a lot of undone items that I'm working on.  The backlog is a big smaller.

Novel Update...
My sleep patterns have been awful and I seem to wake up with winter barometric pressure changes and for all the other reasons that an over-60 guy wakes up.  At those moments I pick up the trilogy of high-tech novels that I'm reading as a bit of a training ground for a novel idea that my better half has planted in my head.  Putting together a six hundred page novel has always seemed a bit overwhelming but with closer scrutiny it's clear that the dialogue and verbiage is not complex and simply wrapped around some intertwined plot lines.  I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment