Saturday, December 28, 2013

Crazy since Thanksgiving

Work & Weather...
My son, who is visiting from Denmark, and I headed up north for a couple of nights.  As we drove down our road there was comment about the amount of snow.  It did look like more than the last visit.  At the
driveway there was confirmation of that observation.  With some 4WD assistance we blasted down the 400' driveway ending up stuck relatively close to our destination in about 18" of wet, slippery snow.  With some shovel and snowblower assistance all is good.

This father/son retreat is a 48 hour break for both of us.  The intent was to have a lengthy list of topics that we would discuss, solve, ponder, etc., and advise, of course, because of my advanced years.  In lieu of that we are watching Duck Dynasty.  We did read the interview in GQ, first.  It's unclear 1) why so many people watch this show and 2) why everyone is having a meltdown.

Ongoing Schedule Challenges

  • Emergency room
  • Small business labor safety net
  • Small business
  • Sciatica
  • Broken toe
  • The weather
  • The economy
  • Health & welfare issues


Finding Balance
Two nights ago (my birthday [a bad time to have a birthday]) I dreamt that I was walking somewhere and ran into some people with whom I used to work.  They were working on a strategic business plan and asked for my input.  This did not happen often in my non-dream world.  After offering a few comments I offered "I have to go" and walked away.  This is a good sign.

It's now 99% certain I'm putting the LHH effort on sabbatical.  I need JAN & FEB to finish the real estate remodeling project.





No comments:

Post a Comment