Friday, April 18, 2014

Day #195 -- "I got plenty of nothing." --April Fool's Day + 17


What's you plan...

My standard response over the past couple of months when asked about my plans has been "I'm working on that."  Frankly, that's become an increasingly lame and shallow response.  Certainly I've been working on a couple of writing projects but have not submitted anything for publication or review.  I repeat...that is lame.

Diligence is in order.

Plenty of nothing...

My better half referred to me the other day as someone with a little bit of free time on their hands, more or less.  That caught me off guard because I've been really busy.  March 15th through April 13th might have been deceptive because I was working on accounting/taxes full time, certainly with many more hours during that period than a FT position.  At the conclusion of that month, the point of sending off tax returns to the appropriate treasury offices I commented that I could work part time for any tax service next year.  A couple of months in the dead of a MN winter would be an appropriate time.  I'll check and see if there is any money in it.

Folk Art Projects...

Quite a bit of work is "in process" but in creative activities it is about ideas, techniques and seat time but it's
also about bringing closure.  The rooster standing over the ear of corn is great but far more salable with the envisioned hen on a nest.

Diligence is in order.

Scheduling Issues...

I like to write when it is quiet...with some music in the background.   There is plenty of quiet here in the morning, but now it's 1:00 AM and this is working pretty well.

I like to work on art projects "up north."  Currently that is about 25% of the time I'd like to commit.

Small business.  I'm totally sucked into the whirlpool.  It's a sea anchor...and another good opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment