Saturday, April 19, 2014

Day #197 - What's on your mind? - April Fool's Day + 19

What's on your mind?

Facebook is becoming increasingly annoying with all the ads, promos and requests for this and that that I'm not really interested in, but I guess they do have to turn it into a money producing environment at some time.

This has been another long week, manifested in challenges to body, mind and soul.

A few days ago my Facebook post was the following:  "The floating carcasses from this winter's fish kill have formed the image of a large rabbit (as seen from the air) at the north end of the lake. How timely is that?"  My initial draft suggested that the floating carcasses looked like Jesus on the cross.  We all see the work of God (whatever your belief is) in many ways, but certainly someone would be offended.  I made this up.  What happens now if I actually do see Jesus in the windblown spring thaw?  No one reads this, so who, who would be offended?

Regardless of one's spirituality and belief index, inclination or lack thereof, this time of the year, if no other, is an opportunity to rejoice in rebirth, hope and forgiveness.  In that reflection 'rejoice' perhaps is the challenge, the charge.   I'm leaving further comments until after review of the following:


No comments:

Post a Comment