Friday, November 29, 2013

58

This evening I attended a get-together with people I've know for 40+ years.  Most if not each of them has had more or less successful careers in private industry and government and a couple worked in professional services or started consulting firms.

All of them looked older if  not old.  Other than the few that really have not worked I was the only person technically unemployed and considering another gig.  Lengthy conversations with three was interesting since those three were all within twelve months of just being done working.  Only one seemed to have a good reason and that was a longstanding plan to spend two years overseas.

It's a talented group.  I'm very happy to have known them for so long and for them to have been inclusive.  They've been friends so long I'd forgotten that I had worked with about half of them in the 1970s.

No comments:

Post a Comment