Friday, November 22, 2013

Day #51 Reflection

Keeping Track..
My two-day contribution to a single post does meet the goal of a daily blog contribution but it messed upmy numbering.  Today's effort was first posted as #50 but it's actually #51.  I think I'll check the Google Calendar application an see if I can just create a calendar there with the right count.  Sure there is an app for that.

Networking and Connections
Everyone has trouble with trailer hitches and trailer electrical connections.  I'm going to assume that bigger trailers have brake problems to add to that, but it's all about connections.

A couple of years ago I had a tip-up trailer that was, in theory, really good for moving my lawn tractor or ATV from place to place.  Back then the coupler was smooth, the connectors on the truck and the trailer were new and unweathered and worked fine.  The operator failed to check the pin and retention clip that kept the trailer in the horizontal mode.  At about 60 MPH there was an unexpected tip-up.

Now that some time has passed in my initial serious networking and "job' connection work it's clear that there must be some coupler or electrical (synapses?) issues in this process.  Like everyone else attempting to make job/consulting connections there appear to be a short somewhere.  I know that every time I hook up a trailer I'll be thrilled either by getting to my destination without a problem or I'll be thrilled with excitement as the problem occurs.  Over the weekend I'm going to go over my job materials again and look for shorts.

The Road
Sometimes it's not clear if you are in the median or a sane lane.  For the novice, the sane lane is where you can drive at excessive speeds during rush hour if you have passengers (endangered passengers) or you pay some extra money.

Usually the sane lanes are inbound in the AM and outbound in the PM.  There is probably some sort of job like Sane-Lane Direction Technician who deals with this.  I am not applying for that job.




Events, life...
Once in a while you are asked of significant events in your life that shaped your thinking, your world-view, your beliefs, fears, etc.  I always mention Viet Nam for the obvious reasons.  Our parents or lack thereof are good answers as is mention of our spouses, lovers and partners.  Today, as in many years I'm reminded of John Kennedy.  In a conservative, Lutheran town, one did not make jokes about Martin Luther but the Pope was fair game.  It's only been in later years that I've know more of the Kennedy legacy, of Camelot, Marilyn Monroe (you must watch "Happy Birthday Mr. President" on YouTube) but the events of the assasination, the reactions of older people who has experienced the loss of beloved Presidents, the funeral, the riderless horse with the reversed boots, the Oswald murder, etc., certainly evokes not some much emotion; I was but a early teenager then, but a flood of memories.  Fifty years have passed. I can still hear the funeral procession.

Hopefully this will never happen again.  We do need to have more beloved Presidents and we need to respect the history and the legacy and the honor due the Commander-In-Chief, regardless of our own party affiliation.

The Dates of this Search Journey
Today is 11/22/13.  Given my family genes I have a good change of making it to 11/22/33.  Given some life style issues who knows.  I might still be looking for work on 11/22/33.  I'm going re-phrase that.  I'm planning on still being engaged in productive gainful work on 11/22/33.  

No comments:

Post a Comment