Monday, November 11, 2013

Road Trip Issues Day #40 Post #3A

Back in the old days road trips were about car issues and challenges.  They simply run a lot longer with a lot few issues than in the old days.  We can thank WWII, Mr. Demming and Mr. Juran for that.

Before embarking I did check the oil and the tires.  Other than that the critical item list included the following:

  • tooth brush, tooth paste, floss
  • Samsung Chromebook
  • Samsung Chromebook wall charger
  • Thinkpad
  • Thinkpad wall charger
  • Sharkk Bluetooth external speaker
  • iPhone 5
  • iPhone 5 car charger
  • iPhone 5 wall charger
  • iPhone 4
  • iPhone 4 wall charger
    • The second phone requires explanation.  My Outlook contacts synched to my iPhone 5 are older than those synched to my iPhone 4.  That's odd.  The iPhone 5 contacts were imported to my Gmail contacts.  I need info on the iPhone 4 (contact 'notes' to be specific).  All of this s/b resolved via a synch to the iCloud but ususally 'synch' results in what you want being over-written by what you don't want.
  • Kindle Fire with  charger
  • Yaesu VX-2 w/ extra batteries (dorky Amateur Radio stuff)
  • 'Computer' prescription glasses to be able to see without more eye strain than that incurred by an eight hour drive to Half Day Road.
There was a time when getting in the car and going was simple.  My better half said that I brought more chargers and adapters to Alaska than I did clean clothes.  She was probably right.

Making all of this work is a lot simpler than it used to be.  Of course the entire US workforce wastes time doing this...and waiting for the next iPhone release.

No comments:

Post a Comment