Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day #33 Month #2 ... the nature of work

Blue Collar - White Collar

The early days of work were the typical high school gigs although I will say that my time in the local sporting goods store gave me significant experience in retail sales and direct customer service and a perspective especially on the firearms industry that has remained of interest for almost 50 years.  The blue collar days were the meat packing plant, the milking machine factory and a laborer with a house moving crew.

College set me off on a series of white collar endeavors that included several major cycles at the last 27 year gig.  Increasingly my personal interests have moved from the software hacking to the hands on beekeeping and agricultural hacking and my growing interest in primitive folk art.  This photography probably is a good representation of my current interests.  Along with my home office I've found a number of locations that I can retreat to and immerse myself in writing and creating some future entrepreneurial plans.

The 1952 Ford 8n awaits a jump start and one happy operator with many projects on the small agricultural acreage.  It's where I feel increasingly grounded, no pun intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment