Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Making Connections ---- Day #49 & Day #50

Thanks, son!
My son challenged me on this effort to write every day.  For the past twenty minutes I've been distracted by some old Creedance Clearwater Revival which reminds me of a summer of chaos forty-four years ago when the U.S. involvement in Viet Nam was already more than a decade long.  But with less than ten minutes left in Day #49 I do have something to say.

Making Connections...
I have three minutes left in Day #49.  My comments on this image and thought will be continued on Day #50...wow...it does not seem like fifty days.  This is good.

Seven Hours Later...

Real Work Connections...
Trailers are problematic.  Anyone who is a regular trailer person knows that couplers, lights, light connections, weight issues, tire issues, loading issues and last but not least safety issues surround that seeming simple connection.  I could not possibly get my rural work done without a trailer which is attached to my truck which I originally thought would solve all my transportation issues.  Actually I could use a bigger trailer.

Computer  Connections...
Late yesterday I had to crank out some ad copy and some product artwork, neither of which should have taken much time.  Two computers, two printers and an online cloud application were involved.  My fifteen minute task list turned into two frustrating hours including one overly taxed PC, printer alignment issues, difficult-to-locate artwork components, missing fonts, slow online application and of course a couple of issues with my actual artwork.

Organizational Connection...
Finding the right connectors for a job is a similar endeavor.  You have to find the right people, find people who will articulate their employee/executive needs, and locate organizations who are good at connecting opportunities and resources and who can effectively bring solutions to market.

This is all more difficult than it should be.  I'm going to introduce this 'connection' thought into my introduction letters and also integrate this theme into my resume.  I might even include the photo from this post.  Is there any reason blog content is not good resume content.  The recent application specifically looked for one's web presence.  Thoughtfulness, content and purpose in your online persona seems relevant.

1 comment:

  1. If I were president...
    Why are elections run on funny ideals like foreign policy or free healthcare for everyone or those darn democrats are going to take our guns?
    I know from experience they will lie on all of those issues or at least twist them into an unforeseen failure with bad unintended consequences.
    Why not a platform based on the standardization of trailer wiring diagrams and various connectors? And the addition of good quality beer to the USDA food requirements.
    There is the four pin connector, the six pin, the flat connector, the seven flat pin round connector and that is just for trailers, and then there are weatherpac connectors, flat spade connectors, small round connectors, those funny twistlock things, and stuff that takes a special pliers and a little funny hollow screwdriver thing to take them apart.
    The frustration these items cause me from time to time has resulted in anger management issues and misuse of a ten pound sledge.
    Instead of an argument about who can marry who, how about a knock down drag out fight about the Standard system vs that commie foreigner Metric system? What about Whitworth? If it was good enough for Charles Babbage then why not the rest of us!
    But then again, I have yet to be nominated for anything other than when several pranksters got together to write me in on the local conservation committee.

    ReplyDelete