Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day #15 ....not to expect much from a goofy schedule...

Up Too Late...
For years I was on a 'get up at 6:30 AM' schedule which over time seemed to push me into forever earlier 'hit the rack' schedule.  After the workday, the commute, eating and miscellaneous life tasks little time was left.  Weekends compressed, as well.  

Last night I felt compelled to watch two episodes of "The Sons of Anarchy" which for a few reasons relating to character development was more engaging than "Breaking Bad."  Unfortunately that meant staying up quite late, sleeping late and compressing my Tuesday schedule, which is always under pressure for 'farmer's market' reasons, even more. 

Metrics...
I need to put some metrics into play on both a daily and weekly basis.  I need a scorecard.  That would be easier if I knew what game I was playing.  When I played golf I would occasionally not keep score because of my unmanageable slice out of the tee box but not keeping score meant the only thing you had to do was count to 18 and those counting points had pretty easy signage.


Gauges?
I don't want to get hung up on unnecessary metrics.  In my car I have buttons on the wheel that allow me to change stations and volume.  Those are absolutely worthless.  The tachometer really serves no purpose either, other than balancing out dashboard esthetics.  Something tells me also things about 'Trip A' and 'Trip B' but I don't care.  I'm not even sure after 108,000 miles that I care about my mileage on a particular trip or in total, either.

Checklist...
This probably needs to start simply on the basic checklist, all of which are timely and due, now:

- the Bush Foundation guy
- marketing statement
-resume
-BKV Architects
-Mortenson
-DPR
-StuartCo
-Fishbowl 

Tomorrow...
...will be the day

No comments:

Post a Comment