Monday, October 28, 2013

My Son Was Right...I Missed A Day #28

Failure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go To Your Room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Said "Write A Blog Post Every Day!"!!!

"Don't Argue With Me.  I Am You."

Sunday (Day #27) was not a good day, for personal reasons.  Isn't everything in one way or another personal?  That's not an adequate excuse.

My son was right.  This is a difficult personal challenge.

Day #27 Is Water Over The Dam, Yesterday's Breeze, An Opportunity To Smile Missed.  Worst Of All It's Something That Should Have Been Said, Just Like Not Telling Your Best Friend How You Feel Until They Are Gone.

Day #28

The good part of Day #27 and Day #28 were spent 'up north.'  Winter and deer season are just around the corner.  My expanse of irrigation hoses have been buried under snow once already.  Everything has been fenced, including all last springs new trees and bushes and this summer's grape planting.

The major failure this year and last were my fruit tree grafts.  The root stock survived so it looks like 2014 everything will work.

Tomorrow I'm going to get on my LHH guy to see if he made any resume edits.  I'm also going to call the Bush Foundation Grant guy TUE PM.  Over the weekend I also found that the State does major art grants every other year.  I've missed it for 2013 & 2014 but will work on an application for 2014 for the 2015 year.

There has been previous comments about distractions.  During my 'up north' computer time the stinky little bugs that look like pleasant lady bugs kept landing on me.  Here I have spiders descending periodically in front of the screen.  My standard background/headphone approach is either "The Best Radio You Have Never Heard" or KZSC.  Unfortunately KZSC just started playing some Led Zeppelin which has distracted me and the stimulation for this paragraph.  I'm sure Robert Plant and Jimmy Page are not trying to write a blog post every day, but of course they are employed, sort of.

The photo is of some simple boxes I make for a local boutique.  The designs are typically free-form pyrography, stenciled images, air brushing, etc.  This time I did some relief carving.  The next round will include relief carving of the image objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment