Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Day #8 Tuesdays are Rough

OK, it's officially been 24 hours more than a week since I had a job at 'that place' working for 'what is his name' and spending my time doing exactly 'what?'  Generally speaking were it not for an inflow of cash I'd say this might work out well.  

There is no alarm clock; I wake up when the neighbor's dog barks.  I've not had to iron any shirts because where would I go that required an ironed shirt.  When putting on my shoes I pick those that are appropriate to the task or which feel best.  I may only wear cap-toe black shoes for funerals in the future.

Tuesdays are tough because I help with the Shoreview Farmer's Market. It's been something 'we' did for the past 15 years.  That's fine, a tradition if you must, productive in 'gas money' and an opportunity to sit side-by-side with my better half; that's nice.

My focus on 'what is next?' has been on a sabbatical for a few days but now I'm going to get cracking.  There have been several inquiries and opportunities and I don't have a 'marking statement' (thank you Lee Hecht Harrison) or a resume.  At some moments I believe I'm past the office/executive thing and at other moments I realize that I'm just on day #8 of a long needed vacation and mental re-focus.

Putting together the time and the venue for this re-focus has been a challenge.  Perhaps thinking I could do this in the several months leading to my departure was naive.  Those days were goofy because I was still going into the office and somewhat involved in my staff's work.  That is 100% over now.  



Excited dogs are known to sneeze.  My guess is that dogs with clogged noses get eaten by wolves.  Over the millenium dogs that sneezed lived.  I need to sneeze for a while, clear out the accumulated debris.  When I smell as well as my friend 'Misty' (Dogs smell in technicolor.  Humans smell in black and white.) this will start to fall in place.  My other blog, 'Twenty Year Shot Clock' is about the time you have left at 60+.  There is no millenium remaining.  The wolves are at my heels and I shall not tarry.

There is really no excuse for people who post pictures of dogs and cats.  It's difficult, though, to not say 'that is a nice dog.'

No comments:

Post a Comment