Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day #2 Closure on the last gig

This noon I had lunch with the Chairman of the Board and the CEO of my most recent and longest gig.  It started out with the question "what have you been up to."  My response " well, up until Monday I had a job " drew no response.  It was all a very pleasant conversation over lunch at Crave. This might have been the last good day for roof dining so we ate inside.  There's no point in enjoying life too much.  We shared a few stories and a few laughs, did not have re-fills on our Cokes (one regular, two Diet [reminder to you all: the sweetener in Diet Coke causes mental dullness in men]) and parted with handshakes and "keep in touch."

The gigs in reverse order:

Ryan Companies US, Inc.
Today's Paper
North Star Casualty Services
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Minnesota Department of Public Safety
The Minnesota Governor's Commission on Crime Control and Prevention
Sociology Data Center
Nelsen Brother's House Moving
Farmstead Foods
Berglunds's Sporting Goods
Albert Lea Dairy Queen

The focus now is a new gig at the top of the list.

2 comments:

  1. Bring it full circle and start slinging ice cream again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technically the white stuff at Dairy Queen is lard. Whenever I visit a Dairy Queen I ask the people at the window if they like their job and how much money they make. Then I tell them that I made 75 cents per hour, worked for the guy that invented the Buster Bar and worked a lot of hours that helped me sleep through high school.

    ReplyDelete