Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Day #16 Post #2 Resume' Resumation

Published
One of the blogs that I follow is named something like The Lazy FarmerFollowing a comment that I posted about monetization of blogs, yada, yada, yada, the author took my comment and wrote a blog post about it.  He writes a lot about broken equipment and rain.  Perhaps I just gave him new material.  Giving other people material is something that I'm pretty good at.  Getting my own stuff done, my own stuff written is another problem.

$$$
It appears that many people have moved to Facebook, shortened their posts and thoughts and focused on posting pictures of cats or muffins.  I follow a guy on Facebook who writes under the name of "Independently Speaking."  He writes well and publishes in three journals and has at least a book or two out there.  I'll look and see if he blogs outside of Facebook.

Resume the Resume'
I am committed to having a draft resume together before midnight.  My LHH guy sent me four resumes that he thinks are good.  Two of them really depressed me.  Those guys seem to really have accomplished a lot.  They seem to be from India.  One by a woman was 1.75 pages and engaging but the best was by a CEO whose resume came across almost as if he were disinterested.  I'm going to copy that one.  I'm really good at what I do but I'm really not interested in office/company politics, offices, regular schedules, etc.  Really what I like is a computer that works, a good keyboard and decent headphones and the opportunity to create things...words, thoughts, ideas, concepts, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment